About Living In Freedom Together, Inc. (LIFT)
Living In Freedom Together (LIFT) is a survivor-led organization comprised of those who have overcome commercial sexual exploitation (CSE), and professionals sensitive to the needs of this vulnerable and marginalized population. Our mission is to provide resources, advocacy, and support to empower individuals to exit and recover from the impacts of CSE, and to end prostitution.
We work to end systems of prostitution through the implementation of the Equality Model.
The key components of the Equality Model include:
1) full decriminalization of those who are prostituted;
2) high-quality services for those in prostitution;
3) the act of buying sex is criminalized;
4) anti-sex-trafficking legislation be strengthened;
5) addressing/decreasing on-ramps to prostitution and strengthening/increasing exit ramps;
6) coordination of a holistic approach incorporating public information campaigns, education and training, and coordination of laws, legislation, and services.
This approach has now been adopted in Sweden, Norway, Iceland, Northern Ireland, Canada, France, Ireland and most recently, Israel.
We are dedicated to empowering and elevating survivors, and that includes within our own organization, starting with our CEO and Founder, Nicole Bell. Our bylaws require that at least 2 of our board member seats are filled by survivors, and all of our training curriculum is created and taught by survivors. Additionally, we offer internship, volunteer, and employment opportunities to survivors.
LIFT was founded in 2014 and incorporated in 2016.
“I’m happy to know there’s a place where I can come and feel safe.”